LinkByMe recognises the importance of your privacy, and that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used. We know that providing personal information is an act of trust and we take that seriously. Unless you directly give us consent to do otherwise, LinkByMe will only collect and use your personal information as set out below.
Collection of information
The four main ways we collect personal information about you are: * when information about you is posted on a LinkByMe website, either by you or by a third party; * when you log into a LinkByMe website or otherwise submit personal information to LinkByMe; * when you use a LinkByMe website, in which case our system automatically collects information relating to your visit to that website, such as your IP address;
Using and disclosing your personal information
Our purpose in collecting information about you is to:
* provide you with a better service experience with content and advertising that is more relevant to your interests; and
* create a business information database for use as part of LinkByMe's online business. Whilst LinkByMe's business information database is designed to operate as a business directory (not a directory of individuals) it is possible that personal information may become included in the business information database.
LinkByMe will not use or disclose any information about you without your consent, unless:
* the use or disclosure is for one of the purposes described above or otherwise permitted by this policy;
* it is required or permitted by law (including by relevant privacy laws);
* we believe it necessary to provide you with a service which you have requested;
* to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another LinkByMe website user, any member of the public or LinkByMe; or
* any of the assets and/or operations of LinkByMe are being transferred to another party.
If you do not provide requested information, LinkByMe may not be able to provide you with access to or full use of sections of the LinkByMe website.
Sometimes, the activities described above require us to share your personal information with other organisations. The types of situations in which LinkByMe usually discloses personal information, and the types of organisations to which such disclosure is usually made, include the following:
* The business information database is available via the internet to any member of the public. It is also disclosed in its entirety to LinkByMe's related entities and to other entities with whom LinkByMe has a business relationship, as part of LinkByMe's online business.
* LinkByMe discloses personal information to its service providers, advisers and other entities with whom LinkByMe has a business relationship, in the course of operating the LinkByMe websites and LinkByMe online business and in the course of delivering the LinkByMe services.
In seeking to give you the most worthwhile experience of our websites possible, LinkByMe may use your personal information to send you information and product updates about LinkByMe websites and services, or other products and services, or to permit other parties to send other information about products or services which may be of interest to you.
We may contact you at any email or other address or contact point which we have collected or obtained in order to:
* contact you about your business listing on a LinkByMe website;
* provide you with updated information about LinkByMe websites; or
* provide you with other information about other products or services which you may enjoy.
Storage and security of your personal information
LinkByMe will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. You should note that the internet is not a secure method of transmitting information and, as such, we are not responsible for the security of any information sent or received over the internet.
Please note that LinkByMe may use overseas facilities including but not limited to in the US and Australia, to store, process or back up its information. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to our overseas facilities. However, this does not change our commitment to keep your information secure.
Third party websites